The Marco Corporation – Payroll / HR Coordinator
The overall responsibility of this role is to provide support in the various Human Resources functions including payroll processing and administration; recruitment; training and development; performance management; attendance management; employee benefits administration; employee and management counseling; and database management and reporting.
College diploma or equivalent
3-5 years previous related experience
Solid knowledge of payroll processes and CRA requirements.
CHRP (Certified Human Resources Professional) designation
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, attention to detail and time management skills
Fluency in computer skills including Microsoft Outlook (e-mail), Excel, Word.
Excellent human relations skills and ability to work with various levels within an organization
Ability to work well independently and within a team environment
Must be able to maintain confidentiality
Experience with Payworks Payroll Services is an asset
1) Processes biweekly payroll, which includes verifying hours; government remittances; administers garnishments; RSP contributions; bonds; produces records of employment; and manages year-end processing (T-4s, year-end reconciliations, etc).
2) Prepares payroll related supporting G/L backup information for Finance Department.
3) Maintains employee databases, including accurate records of attendance, vacation, disciplinary actions, training records, time off requests, etc. Creates reports as required.
4) Enrolls qualified employees in the benefits program and the Group RSP program.
5) Provides advice and assistance to employees regarding questions or issues with pay, benefits, company policies, retirement savings, etc.
6) Administers all WSIB reporting; completes Form 7 and 9, as required. Responds to inquiries from WSIB, as required.
7) Conducts all activities associated with the recruitment process, including clarifying job requirements; job posting; collecting and assessing resumes; scheduling and conducting interviews; conducting reference checks; preparing letters of offer; conducting orientation and on-boarding sessions.
8) Creates, revises and keeps current job descriptions and organizational charts.
9) Maintains employee performance evaluation program.
10) Manages down-sizing activities as required, including preparing lay-off letters; termination letters; conducts exit interviews.
11) Provides advice and assistance to Supervisors on matters of employee discipline and counseling; manages the attendance program, and advises supervisors when action is warranted.
12) Manages long-term employee absences; contacting absent employees on a regular basis and reports to Managers.
13) Works with Managers and Supervisors to create return to work programs based on restrictions and/or accommodations required.
14) Develops, updates and conducts employee training sessions as required. Coordinates and schedules on-site and off-site training and maintains employee training records.
15) Ensures compliance to legislative requirements such as AODA. OHSA, ESA; adjusts policies and procedures to meet compliance, and communicates as required.
16) Serves as member of Marco Social Committee and Newsletter Committee.
17) Responsible for maintaining up-to-date salaried job descriptions. Creates new job descriptions as required.
18) Prepares monthly HR Metrics including calculating employee turnover and absence rates.
19) Coordinates and administers Employee Service Recognition Program.
20) Maintains consistent actions across the organization by coordinating and communication of Human Resources policies and procedures.
21) Maintain the confidentiality of the department. Display the utmost in professional behaviour and demeanor at all times.
22) Other duties and projects as assigned.
Please submit your application to HR@TheMarcoCorporation.com or Fax: 519-751-2209
We thank all those who apply; however only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer.