The Marco Corporation
Human Resources Manager
Overall responsibility to manage the functions of the Human Resources Department, including policy development and administration; recruiting and onboarding; training and development; performance management; health, safety and wellness; compensation management; payroll and benefits administration; employee relations; WSIB claims management; and legislative compliance. Provides guidance, metrics and policy interpretation services and support to managers and supervisors. Evaluates employee relations, policies and programs; makes recommendations for change. Addresses employee concerns, investigates and responds, while nurturing a positive working environment.
- University degree and/or college diploma; or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years progressive experience in an HR management role
- CHRL (Certified Human Resources Leader) designation preferred
- In-depth knowledge of employment legislation, including Employment Standards, Occupational Health and Safety, Human Rights, HR best practices
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills
- Must possess excellent human relations skills; must be people-oriented
- Manages the Human Resources function and staff; assigns duties; provides guidance; evaluates performance.
- Provides qualified employees by developing and managing a recruitment, orientation and placement program.
- Manages and provides guidance on employee performance management programs. Maintains the performance management system; trains managers and supervisors to use the system.
- Acts as a resource for all Managers and Supervisors with employee relations and performance management issues. Facilitates meetings with employees and Supervisors/Managers to resolve issues. Implements performance and attendance action plans. Monitors and follow up on action plans.
- Provides claims management advice for short- and long-term illness and disability.
- Maintains equitable compensation by designing and administering pay and benefits programs.
- Oversees the payroll function; establishes and manages a records management system; maintains confidentiality. Completes reports as required.
- Keeps employees informed by preparing and disseminating company communications; facilitates publication of quarterly employee newsletter; responds to employee questions or requests.
- Participates on the Employee Advisory Committee to ensure continued communication with hourly and salary staff.
- Develops, coordinates and maintains health and safety program including H&S policies, procedures and injury statistics. Claims management of all work-related injuries. Liaise with WSIB and Ministry of Labour as required. Participates on the Joint Health and Safety Committee.
- Enhances organizational effectiveness by identifying and analyzing current circumstances; implements organizational development interventions; provides training programs.
- Maintains consistent actions across the organization by initiating, coordinating and enforcing human resource policies and procedures.
- Recommends and authors new company and safety policies.
- Initiates updates to Employee Handbook as required.
- Ensures organizational compliance with all employment-related laws and regulations and all established Company policies and procedures.
- Promote and foster a positive team spirit within the department and the workplace.
To apply please email your Resume & Cover Letter to: [email protected]
We thank all those who apply; however only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer