The Corporation of the City Of Brantford
Health and Safety Specialist
Job ID# 898
Reporting to the Manager of Health, Wellness and Safety, the Health & Safety Specialist will be responsible for assisting in the development, implementation and maintenance of the City’s Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) programs. This includes, but is not limited to assisting in the development of safe work procedures, training, hazard identification and investigations to ensure compliance with OH&S legislation and best practices. The incumbent will provide direct client support on health and safety matters and builds relationships with the various departments as a subject matter expert on resolving OHS issues. The Health & Safety Specialist must be familiar with the Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations and Workplace Safety Insurance Act. The position also provides back-up on reporting requirements to the Workplace Safety Insurance Board.
- Post-secondary school education in Occupational Health and Safety or related field along with one (1) to two (2) years previous related experience in a multi-faceted unionized environment
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of and the ability to interpret and apply applicable legislation including OH&SA, applicable regulations and standards, and the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, is required.
- Municipal experience is an asset
- Excellent organizational, analytical, interpersonal and customer service skills are essential
- Candidates must have the ability to work independently in a team environment and can handle multiple priorities and deadlines
- Excellent communication (written and oral), facilitation, interpersonal
- Proficiency in computer software programs including MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) skills are essential
- A working knowledge of Parklane would be considered an asset
- Possess a valid “G” Ontario driver’s license in good standing during the course of employment and access to own transportation to travel between corporate facilities
WAGE RANGE: $ 62,628 to $ 78,285 per annum (based on 35 hour week) with benefits
To apply on-line, please visit the City of Brantford website at https://brantford.ca and click on Jobs and Volunteering and Current Opportunities.
Closing date for applications: Thursday, August 22, 2019, at 4:30 p.m.
Information gathered relative to this position will only be used for candidate selection.
We thank each applicant for taking the time and effort to submit your resume, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
The City of Brantford is committed to diversity and inclusivity in our employment practices. We promote the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity with persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations, including alternative formats, are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. For more information or to request an accommodation please contact the Human Resources Department at 519-759-4150.